Notice my contact info to the right, if you want to contact me with any questions. I would also like to say that I do attempt to give credit where credit is due. I do not make any claims to cakes in my blog except the ones in my slideshow. If I show a cake I will try to post some type of identifer with it, however, if I don't know who posted the cake it is impossible for me to do that. I am only using the cake to illustrate a specific technique.







Saturday, December 31, 2011

How to make Homemade Piping Gel

This is not my recipe, and I never found who wrote it.  So I would like to thank whoever submitted it.  Since they posted it to the internet, I don't think they would mind if I share it.

PIPING GEL RECIPE:
INGREDIENTS:
2 envelopes (2 tablespoons) unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
2 cups light Karo syrup, or light corn syrup
INSTRUCTIONS:
Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a small saucepan and let set for about 5 minutes. Heat on low until the gelatin has become clear/dissolved - DO NOT BOIL. Add the syrup and heat thoroughly. Cool and store, refrigerated, for up to 2 months.
TO COLOR: Add coloring paste/gel or food coloring drops to get desired color.
TO USE: Put in icing bag or plastic squeeze bottle and decorate.

Posters review:
1. Worked well for the whipped cream
2. Took color nicely!
3. Tried to pipe with it but all my letters just bled into itself.
4. Look like it would work for a pool or lake on a cake.

1 comment:

  1. That recipe has too much corn syrup I think. I am making some now using 1 tblsp gelatin and half cup corn syrup. Will let you know how it turn out. I need it to add ribbon around the sides of a cake board so I want it fairly thick.

    It's like making Royal icing for different purposes. You use less of somethings to get the effect you want.

    http://caribbeanbrides.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete