Notice my contact info to the right, if you want to contact me with any questions. I would also like to say that I do attempt to give credit where credit is due. I do not make any claims to cakes in my blog except the ones in my slideshow. If I show a cake I will try to post some type of identifer with it, however, if I don't know who posted the cake it is impossible for me to do that. I am only using the cake to illustrate a specific technique.







Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm just a cake designing newbie.

It was only recently that I found this new passion.  I have always loved to cook and to bake.  I also have a fondness for the arts in any form whether it be the theatre, painting, sculpture, music.  But I never knew the masterpieces that one could create with food (case in point designer cakes).  So I think to myself, there has to be others like me out there that have this new found fondness for "cake sculpture".  Too bad there isn't somewhere a newbie can show-off their handiwork along with other newbies.  Oh there are sites out there, but no one understands the frustration of having this image in your head but not knowing how to get it to flow out of your head onto the cake.  So this is my little venting and educating place, just for me and my followers.  I'm not promising anything spectacular...maybe a shoulder when things aren't going as expected.  so that is it...for now.  My first ever blog!  We'll see where it goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment