Notice my contact info to the right, if you want to contact me with any questions. I would also like to say that I do attempt to give credit where credit is due. I do not make any claims to cakes in my blog except the ones in my slideshow. If I show a cake I will try to post some type of identifer with it, however, if I don't know who posted the cake it is impossible for me to do that. I am only using the cake to illustrate a specific technique.







Friday, October 19, 2012

Sculpting website just "lovely" for the cake designer

I on occasion like to put sculpted figures on my cakes.  I will be the first to admit that sometimes I lack a creative mind in this area.  Oh, I can come up with the ideas with what I would like to put on the cake, but I am not always the best at the intricate details of the figures.  So, I was looking for a tool to guide me, you know, maybe some type of tutorial to shed some light on my short-comings in figurine making.  Well, I came across a website that I simply must share with you.  It has the most wonderful tutorials for figurines that I have come across yet.

The name of this website is Lovely Tutorials.   I will warn you in advance that the website is in Russian, but you can still get the general idea from the photos presented on the page.  The website operator works in polymer clays, but the same techniques can be applied to fondant figures (you may need to mix in some gumpaste for some figures).  I found many different figures that I would like to give a try.

So, if you are not good at the fine details, slip over to this website.  You may find something to help you.  I just love the little frog figures.  You can also find some good figures on Pinterest as well.  If you aren't a member on Pinterest, and would like an invite let me know.  Just send me an email, and I see if I can't help you get up and running.

 Good luck with you figurine sculpting.

1 comment:

  1. I must amend this post. It seems that this site is now a members site and requires a fee. I suppose they would like to be paid for their expertise the same as anyone else.

    ReplyDelete